Make your own free website on

RWP Distribution

Who Should Have A Firearms Licence?

Estate guns
Wanted guns
wanted accessories
Hunter and Firearms Training
RWP Training calendar

Anyone who hunts, shoots, or collects firearms.

Anyone who may come in contact with firearms,

such as – spouse, family members or


Typical examples:

Any employee of an abattoir where a “firearm” is

used to dispatch animals for slaughter. 

 If  the unlicenced employee ever uses a“firearm” without supervision of a licenced person, he/she would be deemed to be in possession of the firearm. The remedy here is for the employee to obtain their own Possession and Acquisition Licence (P.A.L.)

Spouse – by definition, unless a “firearm” is

securely locked/stored in a residence, it would otherwise be deemed to be available or “in possession” of the non-licenced residents

of a household. Specifically – a non-licenced

spouse is not legal to take a gun out of storage

 to shoot pests on the yard. The remedy here is

 to acquire his/her own Possession & Acquisition Licence (P.A.L.), whether or not the individual

ever intends to own a gun.

All persons using a gun must have a PAL or a grandfathered Possession Only Licence(POL).


In a situation such as retired dad comes back

 to the farm to help.

Dad takes a farm vehicle to town for a parts run.There is a firearm in the vehicle which is

not locked in a container or trigger locked. The

 vehicle is stopped for a tail light out/traffic

violation. If dad does not have a firearm licence,

he would be deemed to be in unlawful possession of a firearm.

In order to acquire Non-Restricted Firearms by any means – buy/trade/inherit, you must have a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL). The cost is $60.00 and it is valid for 5 years. You can reapply without taking the training again. You may borrow a firearm ( a short term) if you have

a Possession Only Licence (POL) for the same type of firearm you wish to borrow.

Example- long gun or hand gun, registered to you, you may “Borrow” another firearm of the same classification such as in the case of your rifle is in for repairs or you require a different handgun for a competition.


Enter content here

Enter supporting content here